Firstly, I am going to ask you a personal question that I don’t need the answer to because it’s for you and only you. So here goes, if you were to suddenly pass away tomorrow, could you honestly say that you are happy with the life that you have lived?
Some of you might say yes and that’s good, but I feel like a great deal of you would say no. So this brings me right back to the blog title are you living or simply existing?
Living: means to live with purpose, enjoy life & savour every moment
Existing: to survive or remain alive with no real purpose, aim or direction in life
Which category would you say that you fall under? Take your time to have a real think about that and remember to be honest with yourself.
For me living is about doing things you are truly passionate about, taking risks, being happy, experiencing peace, giving love, receiving love and enjoying every present moment of life. Discovering your purpose and living it out to the best of your ability every single day. Taking life as it comes and definitely not worrying about tomorrow.
Existing is like you falling into a dark hole that you simply can’t find your way out of, no matter how hard you try. I found myself in this very dark hole after my break up and boy it truly wasn’t a nice place to be in. I was alive, but I wasn’t living and it was a horrible cycle that went on for a short while, but of course, it felt like forever. It wasn’t until I reached to the middle of 2017, just before my trip to #Santorini when I realised that Life was happening to me and not through me. I felt like I wasting away over this failed relationship and it was so exhausting.
There I was 25 and half just existing. You see, facing your truth takes a lot of strength and courage. It can also be a painful thing to live through, so most people would rather avoid that and carry on living their life as they have always known it. It was a hard pill to swallow, I let my break up consume me to the point where I was just existing and not living my life.
I woke up stressed, had a nonchalant attitude throughout the day, with no energy or motivation. I was living like I was one washed up actor who couldn’t find their next gig lol. Everything that I was required to do felt like a chore. The worse part was acknowledging that I wasn’t in a good place. It was my lightbulb moment that pushed me to start to change things around.
I now finally understand that to live doesn’t mean you’re alive, it takes much more than that. You have to wake up every day with purpose, be intentional about living and always have faith in the good. Take the time out to discover those things that truly make you happy or set your soul on fire and just go after them with everything that is in you. Do whatever it takes to chase those things that you want and never give up on them.
Shifting from existing to living is a liberating process but it takes a lot of effort, courage and responsibility. You have to be so intentional about it that you make it your priority to fight for your happiness and freedom. Stop letting life happen to you, stop being a victim, stop settling, stop making excuses. Be fearless, discover your purpose, chase happiness and start living. The living is defined by what lights your heart up. It has nothing to do with society or what other people think. What you define as living might not resonate with the next person. So never get too caught up with what people think, because that might leave you hurt, distracted or disheartened.
Every day you should wake up and be excited about life. The fact that you woke up is enough reason to celebrate and rejoice. I know that sometimes life can feel like a mundane routine, but that’s only if you let it feel like that. In my opinion, existing instead of living is like living a slow death, there is no passion, joy or happiness to be found in such a place. So I encourage you to take hold of your life and really live it like you have never done before. No one knows when it will be their last hour here on this earth, so you MUST make the most of it. Don’t just read this blog and be inspired for a few hours, even if you don’t take everything that I have said on board, then just take this, whatever life throws at you Please don’t forget to live.
Here are a few things that you could do that will help you with the shift from existing to truly living life.
- Be Reflective: Dip deeper into your soul and question yourself to examine exactly where you are.
- Stop Running: If you read my About Me page you would know that I used travelling as a way to escape the problems I was experiencing in my life. I ended up on a wild journey of self-discovery that has helped me grow and evolve. So I urge you to be honest with yourself and do what you need to do to start truly living your life.
- Gratitude: You have so much to be grateful for. After my break up, I complained so much, when I look back now even I can admit that I was so annoying. I still had life, all my senses were intact, I had food to eat and a place to sleep. Yet all I kept worrying about was some guy who has cheated on me. LOL, you can see where my priorities were. Find the joy in the little things and keep smiling.
- Discover your purpose: I believe that you can’t really live a full life until you discover what your purpose is. Our purpose is like that missing piece of a jigsaw puzzle that makes our entire life make sense once you connect all the pieces together. Never forget that to know your purpose is to live.
- Keep it moving: Whatever life throws your ways use it as a mode of transport to get you to your next destination. To live an abundant life you have to make sure you keep moving forward.
Dear God, Thank you for the beautiful Life of each and every reader. I pray that they feel led to examine the current state of their lives to discover whether they have been living or existing. Wherever they are Lord, I pray that they find the courage to make those necessary changes. It is your desire that each and every one of your creations live life abundantly. Any obstacles or challenges that have shown up in their lives which have prevented them from living an enriched life now be destroyed. Help them to live with confidence and boldness to be able to go after the things that they were created to do. Amen xx
I hope you enjoyed and I look forward to sharing more with you soon.
Don’t forget to connect me on all the socials @JennasWorldView
Lots of love