As of right now the initial shock of Covid-19 has started to wear off. Life in Quarantine is now in full swing for me. I honestly don’t know what to make of it so I’ve stopped trying . This season of my life is one that I didn’t see coming and I’m pretty sure you feel the same too.
A global pandemic certainly wasn’t on my 2020 prayer list but here we are.
I’m making the most of it…. I guess
I think like many people I’m doing my best to navigate my way through such unknown territory. I’ve hardly left my house and as the days goes by my desire to do so is relatively low. This situation isn’t normal and I think it’s safe to say we’re all just want to get to the other side of this. Anyway after a few weeks in quarantine here’s what I’ve discovered…..there is no right or wrong way to get through this.
With all that is currently going on many things have taken a detour for me, especially my 2020 travel plans. I’ve had one cancelled trip and I’m pretty sure the rest will follow suit.
But to be honest the way I feel about this virus I’m reluctant to travel anyway. I know that must sound mad coming from me because I’m a travel blogger. But this is how I feel right now and I’m entitled to feel this way.
I might feel different in a week or two but this is my current mood and I’m just letting myself feel whatever I need to feel.
Here’s what my life has been like so far
- I started a book club with one of my girls – #TheLockdownClub We finished our first book Homegoing by Yaa Gyasi. We’re now reading Parable of the Sower by Octavia Butler. It has been so refreshing getting lost in a book, connecting with characters and using my imagination to take me to a new places. I feel like I’m a little girl again and the nostalgia has been really soothing.
- I’m currently enrolled into my second online course which is about 40 hours in total and I hope to work on it at least 2 days a week.
- Youtube is my best friend – I watch everything on there from virtual church, how to’s, vlogs, and cooking tutorials.
- My workouts are keeping me sane and I’ve been sure to schedule them in at least 4 days a week. I miss the heavy weights at the gym. But as my quest to find a kettlebell for a reasonable price failed miserable I’m just making do with what I have. Working out is so good for my mental health. So I’m making sure that I get my physical activity in to keep me going. At home I’ve been able to go at my own pace and just have fun with my workouts.
- I started reading the bible from Genesis and whew it’s been very insightful. I attempted to do this in the past and somehow always fell off. Reading it now feels very different and I understand things concerning my faith a lot better than ever before. I never realized how juicy the bible was like wow it’s really full of pippin hot tea that’s keeping me entertained as well as inspired and encouraged.
No matter what comes our way we move
It’s unclear how long all of this is going to last. Everyday there is something new flying around about COVID-19 People are losing loved ones left right and centre. It’s pretty daunting and my heart goes out to everyone affected and most importantly those working on the frontline.
Life in Quarantine has been interesting and I anticipate that it will only intensify. Take care of yourself, practice social distancing and stay safe. We’ll make it on the other side of this and when we do we’ll all be stronger people. I’m not sure when my next update will be but keep your eyes out for NEW content flying through the blog this month.
Please note…this post is sponsored by Femme Luxe Refinery
Lots of love