Disclaimer – Jesus centered content for ya head top below!
Covid-19 has brought the world to it’s knee’s and for many of us it might feel as though were threading through unfamiliar terroirity. Trust me when I say you’re not alone and it’s absolutely normal to feel this way.
Everyday there is a new update about that Rona, followed by a magnitude of fake new and conspiracy theories. It’s no surprise why many people are panic buying with fear inside of them. I’m pretty sure this isn’t the 2020 any of us signed up for.
I for sure have experienced my fair share of fearful meltdowns over the last week or so. I’m now no longer able to catch my first flight of 2020. As I walked passed empty shelves in the supermarkets it sent shivers down my spine. If that wasn’t enough hearing the announcement of school closures across the country left me dazed. It has finally dawned on me just how serous this thing truly is. But right now really is not the time to be sitting in fear.
Fear is not the answer
As a believer fear isn’t something that I should be indulging in because I know better. However, I would be lying if I said its hard exercising faith when the world appears to be up in smoke.
To deal with my cycles of fear I turned to Gods words for some comfort and assurance. I had to remind myself what the Lord says about fear in his word and how to deal with it. So I decided to put a list together of key scriptures that tackle fear.
7 Essential Bible Verses
- 2 Timothy 1:7 “For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
- Psalm 118:6 ” The Lord is on my side. I will not fear. What can man do to me?”
- Deuteronomy 31:6 “Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.”
- Philippians 4:6-7 “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God”. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus”.
- Psalm 34:4 “I sought the Lord, and He heard me And delivered me from all my fears”.
- Isaiah 41:10 “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will uphold you with my righteous right hand”.
- Psalm 56 “Whenever I am afraid. I will trust in You”.
You’ve got this
Now is not the time to operate in fear because it’s not worth our the time or energy. Instead tap into God and his word like never before because he wants to hear from you. God is concerned about us and wants us to bring our fears to him whatever they may be. Don’t let allow the news reports and socials to petrify you. Redirect that energy and stand in faith.
The world might be in uproar right now but our faith MUST be stronger than the storms that come our way. I pray that in this season of uncertainty you wont fold. Instead you’ll tap in and allow God to activate the spirit of boldness that is deep within you. You have power and authority over fear and it is not the boss of you.
Also check out these sermons that teach on fear too.
- “How To Overcome Fear” |Pastor John K. Jenkins Sr. (Very Powerful Word)
- Keep It Moving: The Fear Factor | Bishop T.D. Jakes
- Fear or Faith: One Has To Win | Pastor Steven Furtick
- Faith Over Fear! | Our Response to the Coronavirus | Pastor Marco Garcia
- VICTORY OVER THE VIRUS | PAUL DAUGHERTY
Lots of love